Welcome to the new year. As is the tradition around the Internet, many people are writing about the best albums of 2017. Today, I’m writing about some of the best records I managed to acquire through the year of 2017.
Last year was an amazing year for a number of reasons. For one thing, I started this website – and also improved my overall music (and vinyl) knowledge.
I also put a lot more money into vinyl records last year, probably my highest spend since I started collecting more than a decade and a half ago. As a consequence, last years’ haul has some eye opening gems from a collector’s point of view.
Without any further ado.. I present to you my most treasured acquisitions of 2017.
1. Pink Floyd – The Dark Side Of The Moon (UK 1st, ’73 Blue Pyramid)
2. The Beatles – Please Please Me Aus (2nd/Gold, ’64)
3. Emilíana Torrini – Me And Armini (1st, 2008)
4. Spectrum – Spectrum Part One (Oz 1st, ’71)
5. Tamam Shud – Evolution (Oz 1st, ’69)
6. King Crimson – In The Court Of The Crimson King (Japan 2nd ’74)
7. Ramones – Rocket To Russia (Oz 1st, 78)
8. Pink Floyd – The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn (US 2nd, ’67)
9. Ramones – Ramones (UK 1st, ’76)
10. R.E.M – Automatic for the People (US 1st ’92)